Guided Analysis: Suffering Worksheet CWV 301 Christian Worldview
In a guided analysis, you will interact with the problem of evil and suffering and provide your own response to the problem in comparison to the Christian response.
Address the following questions, responding to each one directly below the question. Your total word count (including all questions and your answers) should be between 750-1,000 words. Include a reference page.
- Describe a time when you experienced a significant period of suffering. How did you deal with that experience? How did you find comfort in the midst of suffering?
- Briefly summarize the problem of evil and suffering. Cite and reference Chapter 9 in the textbook.
- Briefly summarize the Christian worldview’s response to the problem of evil and suffering. Cite and reference the lecture and/or Chapter 9 in the textbook.
- Imagine that a close friend has just suffered through a great personal loss (death of a loved one, natural disaster, disease, job loss, divorce, or a broken relationship) and your friend asks you why God would let such a terrible thing happen. How would you respond to your friend?
- How might the problem of evil and suffering lead one to the conclusion that absolutes exist?
Course: CWV 301 Christian Worldview
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 14/04/2017
- : 25