ACC 561 Week 2 Accounting & the Regulatory Environment Individual Assignment
Purpose of Assignment
This assignment helps students understand the importance of the various regulatory agencies that affect the accounting and financial aspects of business. Students have the opportunity to relate existing regulations to real world organizations and see how this directly affects them, their organization, and stakeholders.
Click here to Find all Assignments for ACC/561 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
In the wake of the accounting and finance scandals of the early 2000s the regulatory environment for businesses changed dramatically to create more accountability and transparency. Agencies like the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) play a greater role in enforcing and auditing companies for compliance to regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Select an accounting regulatory or standards agency (e.g. PCAOB, IASB, etc.)
Select a public company that you either currently work for, have worked for in the past, or one with which you are familiar.
Create a 1,050-word analysis of the regulatory environment:
- Identify one or more regulations that would apply to your selected company.
- Discuss the ways that compliance with the regulations is beneficial to the company industry and consumers.
- Examine how the agency you selected and your selected company work together.
- Explain the role of ethics in the regulatory environment.
- Discuss the ways in which the regulatory environment would directly affect your role in the company in either your current role or your desired career with the organization.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Course: ACC/561 Accounting
School: University of Phoenix
- : 04/12/2017
- : 35