EDU 564 Curriculum Recommendations: Assume the role of a curriculum leader who is responsible for leading a team to develop a specific curriculum for a new magnet
Assume the role of a curriculum leader who is responsible for leading a team to develop a specific curriculum for a new magnet (specialized) school in your area for one of the following: Choose K-1, 2-3, 4-6, K-6, K-8, middle school, or any grade level in or all grade levels in high school. Select a curriculum or combine two (2): reading, language arts, science, math, social studies, life skills, health, performing arts, creative arts, or international studies. (You may not choose a technology curriculum, but technology can be a component of the curriculum.)
Write an 8-10 page paper in which you:
1. Describe the school’s student population and neighborhood environment.
(Student population description includes age, cultural diversity, family situation, academic achievement levels, and general attitudes toward school. Neighborhood refers to geographic setting, income levels, physical surroundings, crime/safety challenges. Access demographic information from your district, city, county, and/or state Websites. Cite the URLs for this information in your paper. )
2. Identify and provide a rationale for five to seven (5-7) goals of the curriculum to ensure a high-quality education, student engagement, community involvement, and cultural diversity.
3. Recommend a curriculum to meet the new school’s goals and discuss the theoretical bases of your curriculum.
4. Recommend assessment types that match your goals and theoretical bases.
5. Support your claims with quotes, facts, and illustrations from the articles in the text and three (3) other outside scholarly sources published in the last five (5) years.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
I’m in Seminole County Public Schools district.
website is https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/
I live in Altamonte Springs, Fl.
Course: EDU 564 Curriculum Policy And Leadership
School: Strayer University
- : 08/06/2017
- : 45