PSY-660 Topic 2 Behavioral Health Prevention Program Assignment
Behavioral Health Prevention Program
This assignment comprises two components, a behavioral health prevention program design and a behavioral health prevention summary report, addressing the behavioral and psychological factors promoting healthy living and disease prevention.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-660 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Part 1: Behavioral Health Prevention Program
Design a behavioral health prevention program that outlines the program and addresses the following:
- Program mission and vision, including theoretical knowledge of working with individuals and families in the community.
- Stakeholders involved in the program: patients; paraprofessionals; therapists; educational institutions; public health, government, and community agencies; the local community; etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
- Behavioral and psychological barriers that impede behavior modification and disease prevention: role of behavior and prevention in maintaining health.
- Recommendations for behavior modification and disease prevention: factors promoting healthy living and factors promoting disease prevention.
Use the GCU Library databases; include two to four outside scholarly resources for evidentiary support.
Part 2: Behavioral Health Prevention Summary Report
Write a summary report (1,250-1,500 words) about the information gleaned from the behavioral health prevention program design process. Include information on the program’s mission and vision, the stakeholders, behavior and psychological barriers, and recommendations for behavior modifications.
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations. For example, if you chose a specific program design or intervention does the literature support this as being an effective program? Was it successful and how do you know it was successful? Have other prevention programs found measureable outcomes that you plan to replicate? How does your program build on a successful program to target the community you’re serving?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: PSY-660 Health Psychology
School: Grand Canyon University