PSY-510 Topic 5 Case Study Duty to Protect Assignment
Read “Case 4: Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect” on pages 435-436 in your textbook. Once you have read the case study, complete the questions in the Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect document. Use one to two scholarly resources to support your answer. When appropriate, use in-text citations according to APA formatting.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-510 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
PSY-510 Contemporary and Ethical Issues in Psychology
Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect
Directions: In a minimum of 50 words, for each question, thoroughly answer each of the questions below regarding Case 4: Research on Intimate Partner Violence and the Duty to Protect. Use one to two scholarly resources to support your answers. Use in-text citations, when appropriate, according to APA formatting.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- Who are the stakeholders and how will they be affected by how Dr. Yeung resolves this dilemma?
- Does this situation meet the standards set by the Tarasoff decision’s “duty to protect” statute (see Chapter 7)? How might whether or not Dr. Yeung’s state includes researchers under such a statute influence Dr. Yeung’s ethical decision making? How might the fact that Dr. Yeung is a research psychologist without training or licensure in clinical practice influence the ethical decision?
- In addressing this dilemma, should Dr. Yeung consider how her decision may affect the completion of her research (e.g., the confidentiality concerns of other participants)?
- How are APA Ethical Standards 2.01f, 3.04, 3.06, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, and 8.01 relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What are Dr. Yeung’s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principles and enforceable standards, legal standards, and obligations to stakeholders? Can you identify the ethical theory (discussed in Chapter 3) guiding your decision?
- What steps should Dr. Yeung take to implement her decision and monitor its effect?
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: PSY-510 Contemporary and Ethical Issues in Psychology
School: Grand Canyon University