INT-244 Topic 4 Benchmark Investigating Hinduism Essay
Write an essay of 1,250-1,500 words that analyzes key beliefs in Hinduism by addressing the following concepts:
- Describe the three most important Hindu deities in the Trimurti (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva), their history of development, and their functions in the kalpic cycle of life.
- Briefly describe the caste system of the Dalits. Make an analysis of how the caste system might function in the life of a particular Hindu individual within one of those castes.
- Select one ancient or modern Christian community living or serving in a Hindu context from the list below. Compare the principles and practices of this Christian community with the four key Hindu beliefs and practices (all pervasive divinity, karma, reincarnation, and dharma):
- St. Thomas Church of South India
- Anglicans of South India
- Baptist churches started by William Carey
- Mother Teresa’s Sisters of Charity
- Baptists of Nagaland
- In light of Hindu beliefs, what barriers would a Hindu face when seeking to understand the gospel?
- Take into consideration the similarities and differences between the four key Hindu beliefs and Christian doctrines. Using the questions below, how would a Christian engage a follower of Hinduism with the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Who is God?
- What is the fall of Adam?
- Who is Jesus, and how does he bring forgiveness and salvation?
Click here to Find all Assignments for INT-244 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
As a research option, interview a practicing Hindu individual or a leader of a Hindu temple, which can be used as an academic resource. If you would like to take pictures during your visit to this community or place of worship, be sure to obtain permission.
Utilize the course textbook and a minimum of four academic resources, one of which can be your interview and should include topic materials and external resources such as resources from the GCU Library or Theology Commons.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: INT-244 World Religions
School: Grand Canyon University