BUS-390 Topic 8 CLC Final Group Presentation Assignment
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Within your CLC groups, prepare a presentation on the selected country, using the prompts below.
For each assigned section, address the following in the presentation. Students are to include presenter notes for each section. Cite scholarly sources to support your claims in each section:
- Provide a brief overview of the region and the selected country.
- What are the key characteristics of the country?
- What are three socioeconomic issues the country faces?
T1: Historical Issues and Globalization
- Using the selected country, identify two significant multinational corporations (that originated in another country) that are present in the market of the selected country. Why did the MNCs enter the selected country? What challenges did they face?
- Provide an argument that evaluates if globalization was good or bad for the MNCs and your selected country.
T2: International Trade and Economics
- Briefly explain how the selected country has been affected by regional trade blocs.
- Explain how the selected country participates in these world organizations: WTO, IMF, and the World Bank.
- Explain why an international business should be concerned about exchange rates. Explain whether a strong currency is good for the selected country’s economy. Why or why not?
T3: Technology and the Future of Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
- Using one of the socioeconomic issues described in the Overview section, determine how an existing or emerging local technology solves the issue in the selected country.
- Determine the location of that emerging technology on the hype cycle. Defend your reasoning.
- What sustainability objectives can be met with the emerging technology.
T4: Cultural Differences and Role in Leadership
- Compare how the United States differs from the selected country on Hofstede’s six dimensions of culture.
- Explain how your knowledge of these differences would influence you as a global leader if you were doing business in the selected country.
- Explain the challenges and opportunities associated with leading in the selected country.
T5: Communication and Negotiations
- Using the selected country, summarize the cultural, societal, and religious values and the effect on cross-cultural communication with the United States.
- Examine the role of verbal and nonverbal communication in cross-cultural communication in the selected country compared to the United States.
- Explain how you would apply knowledge of verbal and nonverbal communication to foster effective cross-cultural communication in a negotiation with a firm in the United States.
T6 and T7: International Marketing and Rule of Law and Ethics
- Explain how you would develop the marketing mix when doing business in the selected country. Provide specific examples for each of the four main components of the marketing mix.
- Discuss the effects of the Internet, including social media, on international marketing within the selected country.
- Recommend legal compliance approaches you would use for the selected country.
- Provide three key recommendations to consider regarding ethics and social responsibility in the selected country (e.g., intellectual property, competition, corruption).
T8: Business Organization and Entry Strategies
- Using the emerging technology proposed above, identify a company in the United States that uses or develops this technology.
- Propose an appropriate mode of entry of the United States company into the selected country.
- What are the pros and cons of the proposed mode of entry?
- Identify how the legal system would affect the proposed mode of entry.
- How will the company’s global supply chain be affected by expanding into the selected country?
- Based on the expansion of the U.S. company into the selected country, should the U.S company rethink its existing organizational structure? Justify your response.
Provide at least three key takeaways from analyzing the selected country throughout the course.
The PowerPoint presentation should consist of 15-20 slides not including the title slide and slide for APA citations. Images may be included in the presentation but be sure to keep all image sizes low for this presentation.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Click here to Find all Assignments for BUS-390 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
While APA style is not required for the body of this assessment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: BUS-390 Global Business
School: Grand Canyon University