HSA405 Week 3 Assignment 1 Health Policy and Law Basics
Assignment 1: Health Policy and Law Basics
As a chief operating officer of a hospital, you have been tasked with opening a new ambulatory care center in your city.
Write a 2-3 page paper in which you:
- Specify whether you would utilize the professional autonomy, social contract, or free market perspective as the paradigm to design the structure of your new center. Debate at least two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of your chosen perspective. Provide at least two (2) examples of your perspective in action to support your response.
- Analyze the key components of three (3) sources of law related to the effects that each source could potentially have on your healthcare organization’s new initiative.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Click here to Find all Assignments for HSA405 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the evolution of hospitals and sources of law.
- Examine tort law and the criminal aspects of health care.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in healthcare policy, law, and ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about healthcare policy and law using proper writing mechanics.
Course: HSA405 Healthcare Policy and Law
School: Strayer University