UNV-503 Topic 1 Navigating the Online Environment Scavenger Hunt Assignment
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success.
- View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial and search LoudCloud to find the answers.
- Complete the scavenger hunt while navigating LoudCloud.
Note: Please do not submit assignments as PDF files.
Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the LoudCloud environment.
Click here to Find all Assignments for UNV-503 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Part A: Answer each prompt
- List the items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
- Under the “Dashboard” drop down menu in LoudCloud, click on “Student Resources” and then “Student Success Center”. Once in the Student Success Center, search for “Classroom Policies” and review GCU’s participation policy. What do you need to do to make sure you are properly participating in the online classroom?
- Under the “Dashboard” drop down menu in LoudCloud, click on “Student Resources” and then “Student Success Center”. Once in the Student Success Center, search for “Style Guides and Templates” and review the APA Style Guide and APA Template (without Abstract) Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
- Navigate to the “Student Success Center.” Under which section in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products?
- Navigate to the “Student Success Center.” Click on “Resources” and under the “Tools” heading, click on “New Student Success”. Locate “Tutorials and Webinars”. Which “Classroom Success” tutorial or webinar do you think might be most helpful for you?
- From the course home page in LoudCloud, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
- Click on “Path” from the drop down menu in the classroom. Click on “Syllabus.” What are all the different sections found in the Syllabus? Look at the “Overall” and “Current” sections of the syllabus. (Hint: they might be the orange sections on the left of the screen.)
- Click on “Library” under the “Student Resources” tab from the dashboard drop down. Find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
Part B: Highlight the correct response
- Where are the topic lectures found?
- The Path
- Study Materials
- Main Forum
- Both A and B
- From the Resources page of the Student Success Center, which of the following is not found under the “Explore Tools” link?
- The Writing Center
- New Student Success
- Virtual Campus Tour
- Academic Excellence Center
- What do Study Materials in Loud Cloud consist of?
- Lecture Notes, Electronic Resources, and Textbook
- Computer, Internet, and Software
- Pens, Paper, and Books
- The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
- Where do you find“Announcements” for a course in LoudCloud?
- On the main page of your course in the Loudcloud classroom
- The Calendar
- The Syllabus
- The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
- What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
- Send him or her a personal email
- Post the question in the Discussion Forum
- Post the question in the Private Forum
- Post the question in the Questions to Instructor Forum
- Looking at the Forums sectionof your Loudcloud classroom, which section is not listed?
- Discussion Forum
- Question to Instructor Forum
- Assignment Forum
- Private Forum
- Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
- On the Calendar
- Path >> Topic Title
- In the Main Forum
- Under the Tasks Tab
- Where is the syllabus found in Loud Cloud?
- Under the Calendar tab
- In the Path
- In the Main Forum
- Under the Tasks Tab
Course: UNV-503 Introduction to Graduate Studies in the Liberal Arts
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 17/03/2021
- : 100