PHI-105 Topic 4 Persuasive Essay Outline Worksheet Assignment
Complete the Persuasive Essay: Outline Worksheet.
Please review the grading rubric prior to completing the outline assignment to ensure successful completion.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PHI-105 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Topic 4: Persuasive Essay: Outline Worksheet
Review “How Do I Organize My Brainstorm into an Outline?” in “The Writing Process” Media piece. Link: http://lc.gcumedia.com/phi105/persuasive-writing-website/persuasive-writing-website-v1.1.html
References and Citation help: http://libguides.gcu.edu/CitingSources
Use the Persuasive Essay Outline on the next page to outline your persuasive essay by completing the following:
- Use the feedback you received from your instructor to revise your thesis statement.
- Write your thesis as a complete sentence (as you would in your essay) in the “Thesis Sentence” section under the Introductory Paragraph heading in the outline below.
- Create a topic sentence for each of the three paragraphs that comprise the body of your essay.
- Record the topic sentences in each of the “Topic Sentence” sections under the “Support for Thesis” headings in the outline below.
- Your topic sentences should be persuasive in nature and support your thesis.
- Write at least three details for each topic sentence.
- These details should provide support for the topic sentence.
- Remember to include at least one in-text citation for each supporting paragraph.
- Paraphrasing is preferred, use direct quotes minimally.
- Write a concluding sentence under the “Conclusion” heading in the outline below.
- Your concluding sentence should be your thesis restated in different words.
- Make sure to complete reference portion of the outline.
Persuasive Essay Outline
Background and contextual information:
Supporting paragraph 1 (Subtopic 1)
Persuasive Topic Sentence (include position and align with first subtopic):
Supporting paragraph 2 (Subtopic 2)
Persuasive Topic Sentence (include position and align with second subtopic):
Supporting paragraph 3 (Subtopic 3)
Persuasive Topic Sentence (include position and align with third subtopic):
Paraphrase thesis statement (restated in different words):
Summarize main points:
(This will need to be at the top of a new page within essay draft)
Organize all references below into a reference list. Be sure the references are in alphabetical order based on the author’s last name, double-spaced. List should be formatted to have hanging indents by ½ an inch, with the first line left justified and all others indented using the paragraph formatting tool. See the APA Style Guide for help with formatting references and citations. Within the essay, this reference page will be on its own page at end of your essay. Please review the grading rubric prior to completing the outline assignment to ensure successful completion.
Course: PHI-105 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 08/11/2020
- : 185