PSY-255 Topic 2 Comparison of Theorists Assignment
Comparison of Theorists
Choose a well-known fictional character from TV, movies, or literature and analyze them using psychoanalytic theory. Use the following questions to write a case study analysis of the character.
- Demographics of the character (gender, age, race, location, profession, etc.).
- Personal history:
- Notable childhood experiences (positive and negative).
- Any notable experiences from adolescence or adulthood?
- Identify a number of maladaptive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that might cause this individual to seek out (or be sent to) therapy. Explain why these particular thoughts, feelings, and behaviors may be distressing for the individual and/or society.
- Analysis of problem: why are they experiencing their presenting problem? What would one psychodynamic theorist (Freud, Horney, Adler, or Jung) say about this person’s psychological issues? Explain the problem from two different perspectives.
- Explain one alternative psychodynamic theorist’s perspective (Freud, Horney, Adler, or Jung).
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-255 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Structure of paper:
- Presenting Problem
- Analysis of Problem
- Alternative Analysis of the Problem
Approximately 1,000-1,500 words.
At least two to three scholarly sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: PSY-255 Personality Psychology
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 09/08/2020
- : 125