Pharmacy Practice, Module 05 Short Essay Questions: A patient comes to the pharmacy to pick up her prescription. You do not recognize the patient but she states her name is Kim Johnson and that she has 3 prescriptions to pick up. PT285 Pharmacy Technician Capstone, RASMUSSEN COLLEGE MINNESOTA
For this assignment, you will need to write a response to 5 questions. Your answers do not have to be long (a paragraph should be sufficient) but they should be written in complete sentences. The questions are shown below for convenience but you can download the questions here in a Word document.
- A patient comes to the pharmacy to pick up her prescription. You do not recognize the patient but she states her name is Kim Johnson and that she has 3 prescriptions to pick up. You go to the will-call bin and pull out a bag with her name on it. You see these are all new prescriptions. Discuss the ways you could prevent a medication error from occurring at this point.
- Are there any situations where a Pharmacy Technician could perform a drug utilization review? Why or why not? Describe at least three types of drug utilization review that are commonly seen in pharmacy practice.
- Think about the steps it takes to fill a prescription. Analyze the places errors can occur in the filling process, and discuss the types of errors that can occur.
- What are the strengths and limitations of pharmacy automated systems?
- This question has two parts:
- How do drug shortages impact pharmacies and patients?
- Using the FDA website, list three current drug shortages. For each of the three, list the name of the drug, the estimated shortage duration (if given) and the reason for shortage (if given).
Course: PT285 Pharmacy Technician Capstone
School: RASMUSSEN COLLEGE MINNESOTA
- : 12/04/2017
- : 9