Technical Research Topics: Keeping in touch with the latest developments in the IT industry and practice is a key for grounded and relevant research. As managers it is important to know how to research and evaluate not just current technologies but also those in the pipeline. INSS 687 Information Technology & Supply Chain Management System
This is an assignment for 1 person. You will be graded on two components, the research itself, and your use of PowerPoint technology.
The general Idea: Keeping in touch with the latest developments in the IT industry and practice is a key for grounded and relevant research. As managers it is important to know how to research and evaluate not just current technologies but also those in the pipeline. You are required to demonstrate your expertise by the following:
- Create a power point presentation and report – format may vary dependent on topic. In general an overview of your topic- Introduction, why this topic is important to business? The presentation should provide sufficient details on the concepts. The presentation of your topic should include historical background information that all users should understand a list of key players, future trends etc. How much resources are companies spend or projected to spend on this topic? What are the implications to business and society at large? Business case for adopting this technology, your insights, takeaways, recommendations, etc. Give a list of sources where the audience can find more information i.e. full citations (website name, URL, date visited)
- Plain presentations of nothing but bullets will receive a reduced grade. You are expected to create an original slide master and use various features of Power point. You will self select your topic by using the discussion board. Duplicate topics are discouraged and in a rare case needs to be approved.
Suggested Topics (You can also suggest your own)
- Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Healthcare Cloud: The future of health IT
- RFID in retailing and supply chain management –
- Security and privacy in RFID systems –
- RFID in the healthcare industry –
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Internet of Things
- Social Business
- Enterprise cloud 2.0 & beyond
- Leveraging Social Media for consumer engagement
- Cloud Security
- Ubiquitous Commerce
- Cloud Computing and small business
- Effects of social media and other new technologies on social or behavioral evolution in cyber harassment
- How Social media shape political campaigns( This is my topic)
- Open Source Software
- Healthcare information systems
- Bioinformatics and
- Wearable Technology
- Web based communities and healthcare –
- The role of public and private clouds for enterprise
- Social Customer Relationship Management
- IT in the Hospitality Industry –
- Digital marketing
- Geographical Information Systems
- Digital Forensics
- “Green” IT
- Cyber Ethics
- Trends in Cyber Crime
Topics are on a first come first served basis. Topics should not be repeated. Use the blackboard forum to indicate which topic you have taken.
Deliverables: Upload a 2-3 page synopsis of your research. You should introduce your topic, and give a general outline of how you intend to develop this topic. Sources consulted must be appropriately cited and be part of the bibliography.
Final research due date: TBA
Each student should conduct original research and references from both academic and popular press. YOU MUST USE ACADEMIC SOURCES; there should be at least 10 references.
- Popular press refers to current periodicals, journal articles, newspapers and relevant web sites.
- Academic references include but are not limited to references from refereed journals such as MIS Quarterly, Academy of Management, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems.
Course: INSS 687 Information Technology & Supply Chain Management System
School: Morgan State University
- : 05/04/2017
- : 60