HA 500 Week 1 Introduction to Ethics Assignment
This assignment is the first step toward your final project for the class. Focusing on completing this portion well will benefit you later as you work on your final project. In this assignment, compose a paper using the information learned from your textbook and at least two other peer-reviewed sources. In this paper, you should do the following:
Click here to Find all Assignments for HA 500 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
- Ethics in general
- The relationship between ethics and morality
- The relationship between ethics and legality
- Ethics in terms of the medical world (e.g., How are ethical decisions different in a medical setting? In what ways are ethical decisions easier in the medical world? In what ways are those decisions more difficult in the medical world?)
- Describe an example of a situation in which an employee and/or an employer would have to apply ethics. Additionally, briefly analyze:
- The major ethical principles involved in the situation (autonomy, beneficence, maleficence, and justice)
- The ethical decisions that you could make under the different ethical theories (normative ethics, descriptive ethics, consequential theory, utilitarian theory, deontological ethics, nonconsequential ethics, and ethical relativism)
Your paper should be at least two pages, using proper APA format, including a title page, headings, introduction, conclusion, and reference section.
For assistance with APA formatting, click on the Student Resources tab and then click on the writing resources.
Your textbook may be used as a reference. The APA format for your text is as follows:
Reference: Pozgar, G. D. (2016). Legal and ethical issues for health professionals (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Course: HA 500 Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Management
School: West Coast University
- : 31/10/2019
- : 50