PCN-100 Week 6 Relapse Prevention Resource Assignment
Develop a 500-700-word prevention guide that your client might use as a resource to prevent from relapsing. Include the following in your resource:
- Definition and detailed description of relapse
- Symptoms indicative of relapse
- Prevention strategies in a relapse prevention toolbox, including harm reduction, the identification of triggers, and warning signs reflecting progression through each stage of relapse
- The addiction counselor’s treatment options to each identified trigger/warning sign
- The addiction counselor’s aftercare plan for maintenance.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PCN-100 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Two to three academic references are required for this assignment.
Be creative and original in the design of your guide. For example, you can create a handout or PowerPoint presentation as long as it meets the required word count. You are not required to write this guide in essay format.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: PCN-100 Foundations of Addiction and Substance Use Disorders
School: Grand Canyon University