INT-244 Week 2 Investigating Judaism Training Brochure Individual Assignment
If possible, interview a practicing Jewish individual or a rabbi, which can be used as an academic resource. If you would like to take pictures during your visit to this community or place of worship, be sure to obtain permission
For this assignment, your role will be as a trainer for Christian colleagues to prepare them for a meeting with members of a Jewish community. You will choose whether they are Orthodox, Conservative, or Reformed. Create a training brochure for your colleagues that can be used as a valuable tool to prepare and inform them for the meeting.
Click here to Find all Assignments for INT-244 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Your training brochure will be comprised of six panels that include the elements listed below. Be sure to include specific examples in points 1-5:
- What are the primary beliefs of the Jewish community you have chosen?
- What are some misunderstandings that Jews have about Christians?
- What are some misunderstandings Christians have about Jews?
- How can a study of Judaism help to overcome those misunderstandings?
- Reflect on several ways in which the contemporary nation state of Israel may be viewed by various Christian communities. Be sure to use relevant resources to support your claims.
- List the resources used.
Utilize the course textbook and a minimum of three academic resources, one of which can be your interview and should include topic materials and external resources. Be sure to list these resources on the last page of the brochure.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Course: INT-244 World Religions
School: Grand Canyon University