PHI-105 Week 1 Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet Assignment
Review the document titled “Persuasive Essay Guidelines.”
Complete the Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet.
You will receive feedback on your assignment from your instructor by the start of Topic 2.
Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet
Part 1: Select a Topic
Choose a topic for your persuasive essay from the list below. If you would like to write about a topic that is not on the list, please list it below within your answer to the first question to request approval.
- Stem cell research
- Prison reform
- Health Insurance/Healthcare Reform
- Social Media and the Workplace
- Internet Censorship
- Use of Title I funds
- Compensation for College Athletes
- Net Neutrality
- Global Warming
- Genetically modified food
- Charter schools
- Nuclear Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Standardized Testing
Click here to Find all Assignments for PHI-105 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
- What is the topic you have chosen for your persuasive essay?
- Begin thinking about the different issues associated with the topic you have selected, narrow your focus, and take a pro or con position for the subject of your essay. Present a simple statement of your position here. Example statement: Same-sex marriage should be legalized.
- Give rationale for that stance. (50-100 words. Avoid using emotional reasoning and focus on facts and evidence to help support you rationale)?
Section II: Identify your Audience
Review the media piece before beginning this section: http://lc.gcumedia.com/phi105/persuasive-writing-website/persuasive-writing-website-v1.1.html
Answer the following questions regarding the audience for your essay in complete sentences.
- Who do you intend to persuade with your essay (Audience) and why (avoid naming instructor, friends, family peers and colleagues?
- What is the appropriate way to address this audience (professional, familial, friendly)? Why?
- What about your topic is important to your audience? What about your topic is not important to your audience?
Course: PHI-105 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 30/08/2018
- : 50
- PHI-105 T-1 PersuasiveEssay_TopicandAudienceWorksheet