PCN-515 Week 3 Challenging a Client Assignment Read and complete the “Challenging Practice Session.”
PCN-515 Week 3 Challenging a Client (Obj. 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5) Assignment
Read and complete the “Challenging Practice Session.” What did you discover during the practice session? What did you learn about yourself as a new counselor to be?
Click here to Find all Assignments for PCN-515 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Write a 750-1,000-word essay outlining at least four guidelines for effectively challenging a client. For each guideline, provide a case example illustrating the principle. Address the following in your paper:
- How can counselors challenge a client without getting into a power struggle with a client, or provoking client defensiveness?
- How can counselors help a client to identify unused resources and strengths?
- How can counselors help a client to identify blind spots while continuing to provide empathy and support for the client?
- How would counselors work with a client within an interdisciplinary treatment team?
- How can a counselor act as a consultant when a practicing counselor asks for help to strengthen their challenging skills with clients?
- For this part of the assignment, you may write in the first person. Reflect on your level of assertiveness. Do you feel you are assertive enough to challenge clients comfortably or do you feel you are too passive or aggressive? What might keep you from challenging a client?
Provide at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Course: PCN-515 Counseling Skills in the Helping Relationships
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 20/08/2018
- : 40