Healthcare reform begins with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 at the Federal level and flows in many ways to state and local policies. HMGT 310 Health Care Policies
Question: Healthcare reform begins with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 at the Federal level and flows in many ways to state and local policies.
Using figure 3, “How a bill becomes a law,” select any area within this diagram. Using scholarly references and sources, describe any issue(s) that may have occurred during the process of the PPACA transforming from a bill to an actual law. For example, you can describe:
- How did “the people” influence the passage of this healthcare bill? (What evidence supports this?)
- Describe a specific state legislatures that supported or opposed the bill? (Offer details)
- Describe the “Committee” in the legislative body who was responsible for reviewing health care bills.
- Describe one debate or amendment to the ACA bill prior to its adoption into law.
- Were there any issues with the budgets associated with the ACA bill?
- Were there any public hearings during the Committee sessions? If so, provide a description
These are all just examples. Feel free to choose only one. You may also feel free to select your own area to research to share with your peers.
Use APA Format (Include in text citations and references)
Word Limit: A minimum of 400 word Using scholarly references and sources
Course: HMGT 310 Health Care Policies
School: University of Maryland University College