PCN 525 Week 8 Marginalized Group Career Counseling Paper (Course Obj.)
For this assignment you will select a marginalized group (veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, etc.) and write a paper of 1,750 to 2,100 words that can be used as a resource when working with an individual from the selected group. Use peer-reviewed resources to support your use of a specific career theory as well as interventions with this population. The paper should include the following:
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling)
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory)
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access)
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups)
- Your conclusion on whether or not this plan is tenable and will work, based on the information listed above.
- A minimum of four scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
Course: PCN-525 Career Development and Counseling Total
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 30/01/2018
- : 30