HUM1023 Week 8: Final Exam Paper: If you could have dinner with one philosopher from history, who would it be and why?
1. Describe one philosophical position you hold dear in life (could be ethical, political, spiritual….) or something about yourself that you view either differently or more firmly, in light of what you learned in this course. How did this course impact your view of it? Which philosopher(s) would most support your perspective?
Click here to Find all Assignments for HUM1023 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
2. If you could have dinner with one philosopher from history, who would it be and why? Please share with me where you would dine, the reasons for your choice, what kinds of questions you would ask, and what you would hope to learn or obtain from your experience. Also, share what you might want to explain/communicate with your philosopher of choice!
3. Identify a woman philosopher whom you feel we did not cover enough in this course, but one you would like to study further. Share their general philosophy and what appeals to you about it. There are many women philosophers, so please do not pick a historian, sociologist or other category. Here is a list to choose from if you feel you need more guidance:
- Alison Jaggar
- Ayn Rand
- bell hooks
- Bonnie Steinbock
- Christine Korsgaard
- Fatema Mernisi
- Hannah Arendt
- Judith Butler
- Judith Jarvis Thomson
- Philippa Foot
- Rosalind Hursthouse
- Ruth Benedict
- Simone de Beauvoir
- Susan Moller Okin
4. Identify a non-Western philosopher (i.e. Eastern, African, etc.) whom you feel we did not cover enough in this course, but one you would like to study further. Non-Western means not European nor North American. Share their general philosophy and what appeals to you about it.
Each answer should be roughly 400 words. Please use proper APA formatting (Author, Date) and a reference page at the end.
Final Exam Submission Instructions
- Any resources (including textbooks) must be cited and referenced in adherence with either MLA or APA style
- In addition, the Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) provides a step-by-step guide. This site shows a sample formatted paper and gives details as to all formatting requirements
- Click the Submit Assignment button below to submit your paper to Turnitin
Course: HUM1023 Philosophy of Human Nature
School: Florida Institute of Technology
- : 15/12/2017
- : 2