ISCOM/370 Week 4 Assignment Sourcing Strategy Individual Assignment
Resource: Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning, and Operation, Ch. 15
Read Sections 15.2 In-House or Outsource? on pages 435-441, and 15.9 Making Sourcing Decisions in Practice on pages 463-465 in the Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning, and Operation textbook.
Click here to Find all Assignments for ISCOM/370 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that addresses the following:
- Provide a detailed overview of the advantages of outsourcing and aggregation, and describe two to three cases of when it may be most effective for a company to pursue outsourcing opportunities.
- Evaluate potential risks to using a third party within one’s supply chain, as well as possible consequences for a company’s supply chain if things were to go wrong.
- Select a company of your choosing, and determine one or two products or services that may benefit from outsourced production (e.g. a product with high production costs, high warehousing costs, 24/7 customer service needs, website development/maintenance).
- Determine the product lead time needed, and develop a timeline from the initiation of the project to project completion.
- Research third parties for possible outsourcing opportunities, and appraise the third party’s estimated labor and production costs, warehousing capacity, transportation modes/channels, quality assurance practices, and other relevant factors as applicable.
- Assess potential problems and solutions in each of these areas.
- Determine whether or not it makes sense for the company to outsource its product or service based upon a comparison of all of the variables involved, and summarize your conclusions using relevant examples.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Cite your references to support your paper.
Course: ISCOM370 Strategic Supply Chain Management
School: University of Phoenix
- : 06/01/2018
- : 2