LDR-612 Topic 2 Needs Assessment and Goals Assignment
Needs Assessment and Goals
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a needs assessment for your selected mentee and then work with them to set their short and long-term goals. Be sure to reference your topic Resources and the “CLC – Leadership Resources and Motivators” list you are collecting with your group for additional support in completing this assignment. For this assignment, review the “IDP – Needs Assessment and Goals” template, complete it, and submit it as directed. This template covers the following sections:
Click here to Find all Assignments for LDR-612 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Before establishing goals, converse with your mentee to complete a needs assessment that identifies potential short-term and long-term goals. Choose five areas from the template as areas of focus. Here are other points to consider:
- Spend two hours evaluating areas in the mentee’s daily life that would benefit from coaching or mentoring techniques.
- Look for opportunities to identify the mentee’s strengths when seeking ways to promote personal progress.
- This can be done over the phone or through an interview process via video or in-person.
- You are not required to use a template or graphic organizer to document the information, but such a tool might help to evaluate your mentee’s needs and complete the goals portion of this assignment.
Setting Short-Term and Long-Term Goals
Use the provided template, develop short-term and long-term goals. You must develop these goals with your mentee. You can do this over the phone, via a video chat, or in-person. It is important to identify areas that could use coaching or mentoring techniques in order to complete your implementation plan.
- Short-term goals must reflect the next 6 months.
- Long-term goals must reflect 6 months to 2 years.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
LDR-612: IDP – Needs Assessment and Goals
Needs Assessment Guidelines: From the list below, choose five areas that your mentee could improve in order to help establish their short- and long-term goals.
- Technical skill development
- Career planning
- Leadership development
- Communication skills development
- Problem-solving skills development
- Conflict resolution/difficult conversations
- Intercultural intelligence
- Emotional and social intelligence skills development
- Decision making
- Goal setting
- Time management
Directions for Documenting Your Plan:
Continue documenting the plan by completing this log. In 100-150 words each, respond to the following prompts.
Needs Assessment Results
Short-Term Goals (0-6 months)
Long-Term Goals (6 months-2 years)
Course: LRD-612 Coaching, Mentoring, and Leadership Development
School: Grand Canyon University