CPMGT/300 Week 1 Apply Overview of a Project Assignment
Wk 1 – Apply: Overview of a Project
Using the attached template, create a project charter for a project you have managed personally or professionally. Examples may include a trip you planned, a new product or service developed for your employer, a staff reorganization, and so on. Note: be sure you are using Microsoft Word to open and complete this charter. If you do not already have Microsoft Office or access to Microsoft O365, you can access it at no cost through your MyPhoenix Student Portal (link in at the bottom of your home page).
Click here to Find all Assignments for CPMGT/300 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Address these topics in the designated fields within the charter (note the minimum word count for each item)
- What were the mission and objectives of the project?
- What were the high-level tasks or scope of the project?
- How was the need for the project identified?
- What was the cost, and how was it funded?
- What was the timeline?
- Who were the parties involved in the project, and what were the roles of each party (team member)?
- What steps did you establish to ensure the project was a success and how did you measure the success of your project?
- Overall, how did project management help to make this project a success?
- Include at least two APA formatted references at the end, one of which can be the course text, Leading Project Teams. You can use the Reference and Citation Generator to create your references.
Submit your assignment.
Course: CPMGT/300 Project Management
School: University of Phoenix