PSY-560 Topic 1 Stroop Assignment
This assignment has two parts. In part 1, you will conduct the Stroop test with another person (someone who has never taken the Stroop test before). In part 2 you will reflect on the test.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PSY-560 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Part 1: Take the Stroop test.
Access an online version of the Stroop test here: https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/ready.html
Have someone administer the test to you and record your responses.
Part 2: Respond to the following:
- Define behaviorism, cognitive psychology, and neuroscience.
2. How do the Stroop results challenge the assumptions of behaviorism and support the assumptions of cognitive psychology?
3. How can the Stroop results benefit neuroscience?
4. Are errors made when taking the Stroop test due to problems in the mind or in the brain?
5. Could anything help someone do better (or worse) on this assessment?
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: PSY-560 Learning, Cognition and Motivation
School: Grand Canyon University