UNV-504 Topic 1 GCU Online Scavenger Hunt Assignment
UNV-504 GCU Online Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s digital classroom has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
- Review the “Halo Walk to Class Video Series.”
- Complete the “GCU Online Scavenger Hunt,” while navigating your digital classroom.
Turabian style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Click here to Find all Assignments for UNV-504 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
GCU Online Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the digital classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s digital classroom has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the Student Learning Management System Tutorial as well as search the digital classroom to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the digital classroom environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
- From the course home page, click on “Classroom Policies” under “Institution Resources.” This will take you to the Classroom Policies page within the Student Success Center. From there, open the “Current Classroom Policies” document. Read through all the policies. Summarize the qualitative participation requirements mentioned within this document. Why is participation so important to the learning process?
- From the course home page, click on “Student Success Center.” In the search box type the words Plagiarism Prevention. Select the Plagiarism Prevention video link and watch the Plagiarism tutorial. Based on this tutorial, what is the definition of plagiarism?
- From the course home page, click on “Student Success Center.” Once in the Student Success Center, search for “Style Guides and Templates” and review the “7th Edition APA Style Guide” and “APA Template (without Abstract)” Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
- Under the Main menu, select Syllabus for a holistic review of the course. ” During which topic is the “Three Pillars Essay” due?
- Navigate to the “Student Success Center.” Click on “Resources” and under the “Tools” heading, click on “New Student Success.” Locate “Tutorials and Webinars.” Which “Classroom Success” tutorial or webinar do you think might be most helpful for you?
- From the course home page in the digital classroom, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
- Along the left-hand menu, scroll to the Main section of the menu and select Syllabus. At the top of the screen you will have the option to Download the syllabus and save it to your desktop. Scan though the syllabus. List the objectives for Topic 1
- Along the left-hand menu, scroll to the bottom Institution Resources and select Library, then answer the following questions:
- What are the librarian service hours on the weekend?
- What is the toll-free phone number for the library?
- When are the GCU librarians available for live chat
- Click on “Ask a Librarian.” How soon are you guaranteed a response to your question
- Click on “Webinar & Workshops.” When is the next scheduled APA 7 webinar?
Part B: Highlight the correct response
- From the Resources page of the Student Success Center, which of the following is not found under the “Tools” link?
- The Writing Center
- New Student Success
- Virtual Campus Tour
- Academic Integrity
- Where are the Resources for each Topic located?
- Classroom Materials à Class Resources
- Forums à Class Questions
- Main à Dashboard
- Classroom Materials à Topic
- Where do you find“Announcements” for a course in the digital classroom?
- Forums à Discussion Forums
- Under the Main section
- Institution Resources à Classroom Policies
- Navigate to Topic 2 and locate the “Article Review” assignment. Review the rubric, how many points is content section “Research Problem, Questions, Method, Findings, and Implications discussed by the authors” worth?
- 45 points
- 90 points
- 150 points
- 25 points
- Looking at the Forums sectionof your digital classroom, which options are not listed?
- Discussion Forums
- Class Questions
- Private Forum
- Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
- On the Calendar
- Under each Topic
- Class Resources
- Navigate to Learning Support and click on “Connect with Learning Resources.” From this page, locate and click on “Connect with Tutoring and Career Resources for Online Students.” Which service is not listed as an option?
- Tutoring Resources
- Skills Development
- The Writing Center
- Academic Support Resources
Course: UNV-504 Introduction to Graduate Studies in the College of Business
School: Grand Canyon University