CUR/530 Week 2 Discussion Standards-Based Assessments
Wk 2 Discussion – Standards-Based Assessments
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
This week focuses on standards-based assessments, their validity, reliability, and bias. Discuss any of the following:
- When would an assessment give results that are unreliable and valid and when would they produce results that are not valid but reliable? Give examples of each.
- Explain and how the concepts of reliability and validity affect assessment, especially teacher-created assessments? (Think about your own original created assessments this week.)
- Explain if you believe reliability and validity are the most important concepts in assessment.
- What are some of the challenges of implementing a standards-based assessment system into the grade reporting system for stakeholders?
- What are some of the strategies to involve parents in a new assessment reporting effort such as a standards-based reporting system? How would you implement those strategies into your own classroom?
- How would you explain the difference between traditional systems with norm-referenced, comparison grading to criteria, and standards-based reporting systems?
- Discuss the importance of total instructional alignment.
- Discuss the importance of avoiding assessment bias.
- The Scenario of the Week below (to be posted at the start of the week).
Click here to Find all Assignments for CUR/530 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Course: CUR/530 Assessment And Evaluation Models
School: University of Phoenix