CUR/505 Week 4 Global Knowledge Kickoff Event Presentation Assignment
Wk 4: Global Knowledge Kickoff Event
Create a 12- to 16-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation according to the guidelines in the Global Knowledge Kickoff Event document.
Global Knowledge Kickoff Event
Scenario: Your principal has accepted your proposal from Week 3 and has asked you to create a kickoff event for the global knowledge program you proposed. Possible structures might include a schoolwide global literacy night, charity event, global presentation fair, or other community event.
Create a 12- to 16-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation about the kickoff event that your principal can share with district personnel to promote the program and provide a glimpse of your vision for the event. Connect the event’s activities to academic standards and curricular requirements, and integrate multiple classrooms and content areas around your campus.
Address the following in your presentation:
- The role that teacher leaders have in preparing global students
- Skills, knowledge, and dispositions that students will need to function in a global environment
- An explanation of how your event and global knowledge program connect to academic standards and Common Core State Standards at multiple grade levels or content areas
- Issues and challenges in creating global competence in teaching and learning
- Assessment and accountability perspectives in relation to the new skills and knowledge needed for a global society
- Strategies for including schoolwide stakeholders, including K–12 students, parents, school community members, district leaders, and local businesses
- A description of your vision for the venue, materials, and components of the event
Click here to Find all Assignments for CUR/505 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
List major points in the slides. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes that correlate to each major point.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate, citing all sources.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Course: CUR/505 Social And Global Perspectives Of Teacher Leadership
School: University of Phoenix