PHI-105 Topic 5 Persuasive Essay First Draft Assignment
Persuasive Essay First Draft
Use the outline you created in Week 4 to write the first draft of your essay.
Review the Persuasive Essay Guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PHI-105 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
PHI-105 Persuasive Essay Guidelines
Modules 1-7: Full-Course Assignment
- Throughout this course, you will work on writing a persuasive essay of 750–1,000 words (roughly three to five pages).
- The essay-writing process is broken down into seven parts. Each part will be due in a different module and graded separately.
- Topic and Audience (due by the end of Module 1)
- Brainstorm (due by the end of Module 2)
- Thesis Statement (due by the end of Module 3)
- Outline (due by the end of Module 4)
- First Draft (due by the end of Module 5)
- Peer Review (due by the end of Module 6)
- Final Draft (due by the end of Module 7)
- Your essay will be informed by the topic readings and the use of a minimum of three peer-reviewed journal articles, that you will need to locate using the GCU Library. Use the PHI-105 Library Guide to help find peer-reviewed sources: http://libguides.gcu.edu/PHI105
- For this essay, you will begin by choosing a topic from the list provided in the “Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet.” If you would like to write about a topic that is not on the list, you may ask the instructor for permission.
- Next, take a position on your topic by deciding if you are for or against the topic or agree or disagree with specific issues related to the topic. This would be considered the “writing prompt,” or what you will be responding to in your essay.
- The goal of this essay is for you to persuade your audience to agree with your position. Your written essay should demonstrate critical thinking by adhering to the following principles which will be studied throughout the course:
- Manage emotions and avoid fallacies.
- Provide evidence to support your position.
- Acknowledge other perspectives and evaluate assumptions about the topic.
- Use facts and figures when appropriate.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articlesfor assistance.
Course: PHI-105 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
School: Grand Canyon University