PCN-107 Topic 2 Media Analysis Worksheet Assignment
For this assignment, you will be required to watch a film or television show with an identified main character, and complete the attached worksheet.
While GCU style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using GCU formatting guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Click here to Find all Assignments for PCN-107 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Topic 2: Media Analysis Worksheet
Watch a film or television show, listen to a radio program, or read a short story with an identified main character. Answer the following questions with a minimum of 250 words each.
- What is the name of the show/movie/story and who was the main character examined?
- Briefly describe the conflict the main character experienced, what drove the story?
- Using Freud’s theory, what psychodynamic structures (id, ego, and superego) were in conflict, what were the desires of each structure? e.g., A boy’s Id may want the boy to ask a girl out but his Ego might resist the urge because he could get turned down and feel hurt.
- Review psychoanalytic defense mechanisms, identify and describe three defenses used by any of the characters in the show.
- Using Adler’s Individual psychotherapy, briefly describe how feelings of inferiority may contribute to the conflict in the media observed.
Course: PCN-107: Introduction to Counseling Theories
School: Grand Canyon University