BIB-650 Topic 4 Benchmark Exegeting the Prophets Assignment
* Use as Guide
Benchmark Exegeting the Prophets
Choose and exegete a prophetic text from either the major or minor prophets (be sure to identify the boundaries of the oracle within the prophecy) and produce an essay of 1,000-1,250 words in which you do the following:
- Identify and explain the specific type of subgenre to which the passage belongs.
- Establish the historical context of the text, and describe the extent to which the prophecy is oriented toward events contemporary with the historical context.
- Determine and describe literary features and the poetic devices that are found within the text.
- Explain the theological truths found within the text.
- Make application of the text to the church and the Christian believer today.
Click here to Find all Assignments for BIB-650 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Use three to five academic sources from the GCU Library in your paper to support your findings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the Turabian Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: BIB-650 Biblical Hermeneutics
School: Grand Canyon University