BUS 630 Week 5 Discussion 2 Ranking Investment Alternatives
Ranking Investment Alternatives
(Problem 10-41) Grosvenor Industries has designated $1.2 million for capital investment expenditures during the upcoming year. Its cost of capital is 14 percent. Any unused funds will earn the cost of capital rate. The following investment opportunities along with their required investment and estimated net present values have been identified:
|Project||Net Investment||NPV||Project||Net Investment||NPV|
In your response, complete the following:
- Rank the projects using the profitability index. Considering the limit on funds available, which projects should be accepted?
- Using the NPV, which projects should be accepted, considering the limit on funds available?
- If the available investment funds are reduced to only $1,000,000:
- Does the list of accepted projects change from Part 2?
- What is the opportunity cost of the eliminated $200,000?
Click here to Find all Assignments for BUS 630 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Course: BUS 630 Managerial Accounting
School: Ashford University