SOC-449 Week 4 Direct Practice Errors Worksheet Assignment
SOC-449 Working with Groups Assignment
Social workers frequently practice with groups and recommend group types to clients as part of their treatment plans. They must also know how to defend their recommendations with research. To help develop this skill, complete the following assignment:
Click here to Find all Assignments for SOC-449 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Select one written case study or video case study from the provided list:
- Yan Ping video (Topic 4 folder in MindTap)
- Marta Ramirez Case Study (located in Chapter 1 of the textbook and in Topic 4 folder in MindTap)
- Carl video (Topic 4 folder in MindTap)
- Greg video (Topic 4 folder in MindTap)
- Corning Family video (Topic 4 folder in MindTap)
In Chapter 11 of the textbook, you learn about the following group types: Treatment Groups, Self-Help groups, and Task Groups.
Next, imagine the client in your selected case study lives in your area and you are the social worker assigned to this case. Conduct research in your community for a group type to recommend to your client as a treatment option, taking into consideration possible cultural/subcultural barriers.
In an essay (500-750 words), recommend an appropriate group type (from the group types listed above) and justify the group you selected for the client by addressing the following in your recommendation:
- Explain why you chose the group type you selected for the client. Why are the components of the group you selected best for the client?
- Explain why the selected group type is a best practice for the selected case study as opposed to the other two group types.
- Defend your group selection by citing two to four sources that show the group type you selected is a best practice treatment option for the social issues presented in the case study.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Turn in the completed assignment by the end of Topic 4.
Course: SOC-449 Direct Practice
School: Grand Canyon University