Chapter 4 Short Answers: Why do we need Carbohydrates in the diet?
- Why do we need Carbohydrates in the diet?
- Name the three monosaccharides important in human nutrition. Name the three disaccharides commonly found in foods and their component monosaccharides. In what foods are these sugars found?
- Why are some of the foods that are high in carbohydrates, such as cookies and fat-free milk, not considered to be concentrated sources of carbohydrates?
- Describe the digestion of the various types of carbohydrates in the body.
- Describe the reason why some people are unable to tolerate high intakes of milk?
School: New Jersey Institute of Technology