Discussion Question: Throughout U.S. history, many Federal and State health care policies were passed to ensure access to health care for certain groups, namely for the most vulnerable members of society. For instance, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care was passed in March of 2010 and its provisions focuses on expanding health care coverage for the uninsured population. This law offers subsidies to secure health insurance for people between 100-400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
For this weeks’ discussion:
- Identify one type of healthcare policy at the Federal or state level.
- Provide a brief description of the policy
- Discuss the goal(s) of the policy and its intended target population.
Choose a policy other than the ACA of 2010
- Remember to cite your primary policy sources
- Use APA Format (Include in text citations and references)
- Spellcheck your work
- Minimum 200 words required
- Summarize your work using your own words
- Use complete sentences
- Use scholarly sources (do not use the dictionary or wikipedia)
- : 01/02/2017
- : 5