SPE-350 Topic 4 Adequate Progress Assignment
Explore the websites in the assigned readings for the week. In addition, using the GCU Library databases, find credible, peer‐reviewed articles that focus on laws and educating children with disabilities.
Create a digital presentation of at least 10‐15 slides that includes the following:
- A definition of the meaning of adequate progress as it relates to students receiving special education services.
- Court cases that have addressed this subject.
- How school districts measure adequate progress for all students, including those with special education needs.
- How school districts are held accountable for demonstrating growth and educational benefit.
- Concerns and challenges that may arise regarding adequate progress in the schools for individuals with special education needs.
- Provide a brief summary of the differences between No Child Left Behind and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Describe how you as a teacher will keep documentation to determine adequate progress for your students.
Click here to Find all Assignments for SPE-350 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Be sure to include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes. Support your findings with a minimum of two scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in‐text citations and a reference slide should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: SPE-350 Special Education Litigation and Law
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 02/06/2020
- : 75