SCI/256 Week 5 Discussion Select and review one government environmental policy referenced in Chapter 16 of your textbook
This week, you read about policies designed to protect the environment. Some policies have been promoted or supported globally through joint efforts of intergovernmental organizations, such as the United Nations and the World Health Organization. More than ever before, nations around the world have begun to enforce legislation related to environmental protections. The United States government has a long history of implementing key environmental policies for the benefit of its citizens and future generations. Some examples include:
- Clean Air Act (1970)
- Clean Water Act (1972)
- Endangered Species Act (1973)
- Superfund Act (1980)
Click here to Find all Assignments for SCI/256 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Note: Refer to Chapter 16 of your textbook for more examples of environmental legislation implemented by the United States government.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words.
Select and review one government environmental policy referenced in Chapter 16 of your textbook. Discuss the impact of the policy on you and your community, including the following questions:
- How has the policy contributed to sustainability in your community?
- How has the policy improved living conditions for people in your community? Consider biodiversity, economics, agriculture, health, etc.
- In what ways is resource consumption reduced or stabilized as a result of the policy?
- How does the policy promote stewardship of resources now and for future generations?
Note: The topic of your discussion will also be your topic for the Wk 5 – Environmental Policy Presentation.
Course: SCI/256 People, Science And The Environment
School: University of Phoenix
- : 02/07/2020
- : 15