This assignment is aligned to this course outcome:
Apply macroeconomic concepts to current and personal economic events and decisions.
In addition to writing about macroeconomic concepts, it’s equally important to be able to convey your understanding of these concepts by communicating them to others. In the workplace you might do this by writing briefs (like you did for Assignment 1), creating presentations, or writing reports for your manager or team. An example final report and optional template are provided below.
For this Final Report assignment, you can build off your previous economic brief and selected industry from Assignment 1, or you can select another industry such as Finance and Insurance, Health Care, or Manufacturing, and examine one of the macroeconomic indicators or policies below:
Imports and exports
Government fiscal policy and issues related to taxation, government spending, and budget deficits
FED (central bank) monetary policy and issues related to the FED’s mission to stabilize the economy
Example Final Report, Assignment 2 Template, Strayer Writing Standards
1. Select “Interactive Data.” 2. Select “Industry Data Tables.” 3. Select “Begin Using the Data.” 4. Select “Gross Output by Industry.” 5. Select “Real Gross Output by Industry (A) (Q).” 6. Select “Quarterly” or “Annual.” 7. Select “Next Step.” Data is from Bureau of Economic Analysis (bea.gov).
1. Select “Interactive Data.” 2. Select “Industry Data Tables.” 3. Select “Begin Using the Data.” 4. Select “Gross Output by Industry.” 5. Select “Percent Changes in Chain-Type Quantity Indexes for Gross Output by Industry (A) (Q).” 6. Select “Quarterly” or “Annual.” 7. Select “Next Step.” Data is from Bureau of Economic Analysis (bea.gov).
3. Identify one newsworthy macroeconomic indicator or policy (e.g., GDP, unemployment, inflation rates, interest rates, government taxation and spending decisions, and/or FED decisions) that the industry should monitor and explain why it’s important and how it might impact your selected industry.
These resources are available to help you measure and track macroeconomic indicators and outcomes of macroeconomic policies.You’ll use one or more depending on the macroeconomic indicator selected.
• Inflation rates as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Data is from Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov).
• % Change in Real Exports and Imports – Select Section 4, then table 4.2.1. (Select MODIFY to change the year range and frequency.) Data is from Bureau of Economic Analysis (bea.gov).
• Government receipts, expenditures, and savings – Select Section 3, then table 3.1 for total government and table for 3.2 for federal government. (Select MODIFY to change the year range and frequency.) Data is from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (bea.gov).
4. Describe a recent trend in the macroeconomic indicator or policy. Include a graph, chart, or table that illustrates the observed trend.
5. Summarize how you think this industry will perform in the future. Provide support for your rationale.
6. This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different compared to other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. (Note: You’ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.)
Your brief should include a cover page.
Your brief should be a minimum of two to three (2-3) pages in length (not including the cover page), double-spaced, 12-point font.
Your report should include a minimum of two (2) references/citations in the text.
PSYCH/645 Week 3 Summative Assessment Psychosocial Stages of Development Assignment PSYCH/645 Wk 3 – Summative Assessment: Psychosocial Stages of Development You were hired to complete an internship for a local psychology magazine. Your manager Read more…
PSYCH/645 Week 3 Discussion What is ego identity? How does it apply to cross-cultural research? PSYCH/645 Wk 3 Discussion – Ego Identity and Cross-Cultural Research Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 Read more…
PSYCH/645 Week 2 Quiz In the context of family constellation, which of the following statements is true about Alfred Adler’s hypotheses about youngest children in a family? (Click on “BUY NOW” to Complete Purchase & Read more…