Employee Rewards and Recognition
As an HR manager in a large healthcare organization, you have developed a new reward and recognition program designed to help increase employee motivation and job satisfaction in a specific hospital department of your choice. You may choose a clinical or nonclinical department.
Based on the course readings and a minimum of four appropriate sources of research, create a 4–6 page executive summary suitable for presentation to senior leadership on employee motivation that includes the following:
- Determine which department is best suited for the reward and recognition program.
- Identify a specific goal the employees must work on to be eligible for recognition or to receive the award.
- Examples include reducing errors, increasing customer/patient satisfaction, or reducing costs.
- Research a specific motivation theory and determine why this method would be the most practical and effective for this program.
- Examples are the expectancy theory, equity theory, goal-setting theory, Management by Objectives (MBO), or the four-prong model of intrinsic motivation.
- Explain why the selected theory would be the most practical and effective for the rewards and recognition program.
- Recommend 2– 3 types of rewards and/or recognition that would the most effective in motivating the employees to achieve the goals.
- Create a communication tool for eligible employees announcing the program, rules, and awards.
- Examples: Email, newsletter, internal Facebook post.
- Go to the Strayer Online Library and locate at least four quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not quality as academic resources.
Strayer Writing Standards
This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.