BUS-390 Topic 8 CLC FINAL Group Presentation
8 CLC FINAL Group Presentation
As a group, prepare a presentation where each member presents on the country they selected, using the prompts below. Assign sections of the presentation to members in the group.
For each assigned section, address the following in your presentation. Students are to include presenter notes for each section. Cite scholarly sources to support your claims:
Historical Issues and Globalization
- Using your selected country, identify two significant multinationals in that country that are present in the market.
- Explain why those multinationals go into those countries. What challenges did they face?
Touch on International Political Economy
- Briefly explain how your selected country has been affected by global trade blocks.
- Explain how your selected country participates in these world organizations: WTO, IMF, World Bank, BFIS, IDB
Click here to Find all Assignments for BUS-390 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Cultural differences, leadership differences
- Compare how the United States differs from the selected country on Hofstede’s six dimensions of culture.
- Explain how your knowledge of these differences would influence you as a global manager if you were doing business in the selected country.
- Explain the challenges and opportunities associated with leading in your selected country.
Communication and Negotiations
- Using your selected country, analyze the role of cultural differences and its effect on cross cultural communication in this country.
- Examine the role of verbal and nonverbal communication in cross-cultural communication in the country you selected.
- Explain how you would apply the knowledge of verbal and nonverbal communication to foster effective cross-cultural communication.
Rule of Law and Ethics
- Using the country you selected, present the influence of colonization on that country and explain how that influence has affected its current legal system.
- Explain the current legal system. Is there a correlation between the current rule of law and the propensity of entrepreneurship?
- Explain how that legal system relates to the mode of entry (property rights) and how that legal system affects your entry into that country (as a company) and how you would conduct business in that country.
- Recommend legal compliances approaches would you use for your selected country.
Trade and Macro Economics
- Explain why an international business should be concerned about exchange rates. Explain if a strong currency necessarily good for your selected country’s economy. Why/why not?
- Select an existing business in the United States. Take this same business into another market of the country you selected. Propose an appropriate entry strategy based on your market selection and how you might rethink your existing structure.
- What are the pros and cons of your proposed strategy?
- Briefly explain how the hype cycle works.
- Determine an existing or emerging local technology in your selected country and describe its global impact.
- Determine the location of that emerging technology on the hype cycle. Defend your reasoning.
The PowerPoint presentation should consist of 15-20 slides not including the title slide and slide for APA citations. Images may be included in the presentation but be sure to keep all image sizes low for this presentation.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assessment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: BUS-390 Global Business
School: Grand Canyon University