BIB-107 Topic 4 Review What is the Pax Romana? How did it influence the spread of Christianity
Utilize the content from the assigned readings in order to answer the questions in this review. Specific directions for completion are provided in the “Topic 4 Review” document.
This review, and others you will complete throughout the course, will provide you with key points you need in order to master this content and pass this course. Please refer back to each review as needed to refresh your understanding and as a tool to assist you in the course assessments.
While GCU style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using GCU formatting guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Click here to Find all Assignments for BIB-107 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
Topic 4 Review
Fill in the review as you complete the assigned readings for the topic. This review will help you prepare for course discussions, assignments, and examinations. The review may be used during examinations.
For direct quotes, be sure to use proper GCU style (Author, Year, p. #). It is important to cite your sources properly to avoid intentional or unintentional plagiarism, either of which is a violation of the University Code of Conduct and may result in loss of points or other disciplinary action.
Additionally, including page numbers will allow you to locate information more quickly while you prepare for and take exams.
Encountering the New Testament: A Historical and Theological Survey
- What is the Pax Romana? How did it influence the spread of Christianity?
- Describe the three ways Hellenistic culture remained dominant in the Roman Empire:
- What is stoicism?
- What is cynicism?
- What is skepticism?
- What are the seven outcomes in the common life of the church described in Acts 2:42-47?
- Describe three occurrences of conflict between mainstream Judaism and the Jesus Movement in the first eight chapters of Acts?
- Describe why Philip, the Ethiopian Eunuch, and Cornelius are significant in terms of the spread of the gospel in Acts?
- Why was Peter’s visit to Cornelius controversial?
“Primitive Communism in Acts? Does Acts Present the Community of Goods (2:44-45; 4:32-35) as Mistaken?” from Evangelical Quarterly
- What are the five challenges scholars have raised concerning the sharing of possessions in Acts 2 and 4?
- Identify and summarize the four key texts describing the community of believers in Acts and their use of possessions.
- Summarize the two other pieces of evidence from Acts the author presents for the believers’ use of money:
b. Paul’s financial independence
Course: BIB-107 New Testament Survey
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 01/04/2020
- : 15