BIB-107 Topic 3 Benchmark Kingdom of God Essay Assignment
Review “And Finally…the Kingdom of God Is Like This….” Observe how the author encourages readers to find contemporary metaphors for the Kingdom of God. For this assignment you will write an essay (1,000-1,250 words) where you will
1) Analyze a metaphor used by Jesus to describe the Kingdom of God.
- Identify a parable used by Jesus to describe the Kingdom of God.
- Explain how this metaphor would have made sense to his 1st-century audience. Take into account the historical/cultural significance, theological intent, and the impact of the parable or metaphor on the original audience.
2) Adapt the chosen parable of Jesus for a contemporary context.
- Explain how the adapted metaphor/parable has the same meaning and impact in your contemporary context as Jesus’s original did in his.
- Explain how your updated metaphor is faithful to the teaching of Jesus on the Kingdom of God.
Click here to Find all Assignments for BIB-107 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
In addition to the Bible and the assigned article, you must use at least three other scholarly sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: BIB-107 New Testament Survey
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 01/04/2020
- : 85