MIN-526 Topic 5 Benchmark Ethical Principles in Practice Assignment
You have been asked by the church elders or leaders to help guide your faith community through a discussion and ethical response to one of the following issues that mark a broken and watching world:
- Sex trafficking
- LGBT and related issues
- Mercy, justice, compassion
- Caring about neighbor
- Racial tension
- Food insecurity
- Social media
Choose one of the issues listed above that is most related to your ministry, and create a 15-20 slide presentation for your faith community that guides a discussion and ethical response to the chosen issue. Consider the Code of Ethics for Pastors and the GCU Ethical Positions Statement when responding to the following:
- What is the issue? How does the previous study of Jonah in this course help inform how you engage with the chosen issue?
- How does the Christian worldview address this issue in light of mercy, justice, and compassion?
- What biblical, theological, and ethical principles for this issue align with the values, vision, and mission of your ministry context?
- Based on these ethical principles, what are practical steps that you can use to encourage those in your sphere of influence or ministry context who may need to understand and engage with this issue? Provide specific examples.
Click here to Find all Assignments for MIN-526 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
In addition, create a title slide, reference slides, and slide notes that provide detailed explanations.
Use three to five scholarly resources and the Bible to support your presentation.
While Turabian style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using Turabian formatting guidelines, which can be found in the Turabian Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: MIN-526 Ministerial Ethics
School: Grand Canyon University
- : 31/03/2020
- : 140