UNV-505 Topic 2 Preparing to Write a Graduate Paper in Biblical and Theological Studies Assignment
Preparing to Write a Graduate Paper in Biblical and Theological Studies
In order to prepare for this assignment, review the following:
- Chapters 4-7 in Mastering Graduate Studies
- Topic 2 resources (to learn more about the GCU Library, researching, and writing)
The purpose of this assignment is to guide you through some of the preparation stages of writing papers in biblical and theological studies, which include collecting a variety of acceptable scholarly references, brainstorming, organizing ideas, developing a clear thesis, and writing an outline. You will not submit a fully written paper in response to the prompts below. Instead, you will prepare to write by brainstorming ideas, writing a thesis statement, and outlining your paper, according to the following directions:
You will use this same topic for the Turabian Bibliography (Topic 2) and the Annotated Bibliography (Topic 3), and to write a paper (Topic 4), so make sure you choose something of interest to you that has biblical and theological relevance. For example, the Kingdom of God, the proofs for the existence of God, the mission of the church, the apocalyptic genre of the book of Revelation, etc. Be creative but specific.
Click here to Find all Assignments for UNV-505 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
In a 250-350-word document, complete the following:
- Choose a topic relating to church ministry, the Bible, or theology.
- Think of a research question that focuses on a specific issue of the biblical or theological topic you chose. For example, how has Jesus’s parable of the yeast (Matt. 13:33) been interpreted to explain the mystery of the Kingdom of God?
- Establish the title for your paper and write a thesis statement that succinctly and clearly explains the purpose of your paper.
- Develop a bulleted, descriptive outline that clearly demonstrates how your paper will be divided. In the outline, indicate how you plan to introduce your paper (one sentence), the two or three sections in the body of the paper (two or three bullets with explanatory notes), and how you will conclude (one sentence).
Turabian style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Course: UNV-505 Introduction to Graduate Studies in Ministry and Theology
School: Grand Canyon University