PCN-671 Topic 3 Autism Spectrum Disorders Presentation Assignment
As future clinicians, it is important to have a good understanding of autism spectrum disorder symptoms, best practices for treatments, and to be aware of the common forms of misinformation about the disorder.
Create an 8-12-slide PowerPoint presentation about autism spectrum disorders. Include or address the following in your presentation:
Click here to Find all Assignments for PCN-671 Course Didn’t find your answers? Don’t worry we are here to help you! Ask Questions
- Title slide
- Indicators (red flags) to look for in a child in regards to autism spectrum disorder
- The age at which providers and parents should start to look at possible diagnosis, treatment, and rationale
- The types of therapy used in early interventions and referrals
- The types of therapy done with children
- The types of therapy done with parents
- The best prognostic factors and how early diagnosis and early intervention assist with strengthening those factors
- What is currently known about the causes of autism
- Detailed speaker notes that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person
- A reference slide with a minimum of five scholarly sources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite
Course: PCN-671 Psychopathology and Treatment of Children and Adolescence
School: Grand Canyon University